Welcome to the Town of Clayton
The Town of Clayton is a progressive rural community, with a population of 4,220 which is experiencing substantial growth. With our close proximity to Appleton, Neenah and Oshkosh, we have quick access to outstanding medical facilities, excellent shopping, great restaurants, and various job centers.
Primarily residential and agricultural, the town maintains a quiet and rural feel promoting our "Touch of Country". The WIOUWASH and Friendship Trails run through the Town of Clayton and are complemented by Clayton and Trailhead Parks to provide excellent recreational opportunities.
The Town of Clayton is dedicated to meeting the needs of our community and enhancing the quality of life. The residents of Clayton are an essential component in the community's appeal where everyone can participate in their local government. Many volunteer their time in community organizations, local schools, the local fire department and first responder unit, as well as family focused community events. Our hope is to have Clayton remain a great place to live, raise a family, and retire.
It is the vision of the Town of Clayton to build and maintain a highly livable community by working in harmony with all members and organizations in the town.
- Planned growth that will retain our small town atmosphere
- A clean and attractive town with parks and trails
- Providing the highest level of service possible in the most efficient and responsible manner
- Protecting the assets and natural resources to enhance the lives of our citizens
- Fostering business development that will work in a cooperative partnership with the town
Administration will work to:
- Be committed to the community we serve
- Provide excellent customer service
- Wisely manage and utilize the resources of the town
- Promote policies and programs that will assure the long-term health and vitality of the community
- Strive to be flexible and responsive to community needs
- Continuously develop our knowledge and skills
- Take responsibility for the jobs we perform
- Be open to new ideas and encourage creativity
- Treat fellow employees with respect
- Acknowledge and accept people's differences, treating all fairly